Class of 2010 moving on
All-star events are in the books, graduation ceremonies are over, bags are being packed and the Class of 2010 is moving on to the next level. We have a few more signings to report before we close our own books on the high school Class of 2010 at the RRR:
- Warren Central grad Taylor Ford (right) has signed with Division I Arkansas-Little Rock for the 2010-11 season. The 5’9 forward helped the Warriors to a 21-5 season as a senior. As a junior at Tindley, Ford averaged 25.2 points per game. Prior to attending Tindley, Ford was a starter at state-ranked Hickman High School in Columbia, Missouri.
UALR adds Indiana guard to recruiting class – USA Today
UALR women sign Taylor Ford to 2010-11 signing class – UALR
- Holy Cross in Notre Dame has signed Terre Haute North senior Francesca McCarthy. The 5’9 forward, who is a cousin of former Duke standout Alison Bales, averaged 10.0 points per game and led her team in rebounding and free throw shooting (87%) while helping the Warriors to a 8-13 record. McCarthy was an All-Wabash Valley team honoree.
Francesca McCarthy Signs with Saints – Holy Cross
- South Bend Clay sisters Asia Easton and Ariel Easton (right) will continue their playing careers together at Palm Beach State (Junior) College in Florida. The tandem was instrumental to the Colonias’ 21-5 season and sectional championship run. As a senior, 5’7 Asia averaged 13.3 points, 4.7 assists, 3.5 rebounds and 2.6 steals per game. Sister 5’6 Ariel averaged 14.9 points, 3.9 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 3.8 steals per game.
Easton’s will play together in college – Fox 28
- Hammond Gavit grad Phantazia Rivoli-Johnson will play at South Suburban College next season. The 5’6 guard helped the Gladiators to an exciting 22-2 season, including a sectional championship. She was named Times All-Area Honorable Mention as a senior.
- Former ’09 Seymour standout Kristen Turner is transferring from Division I Oakland University to the University of Indianapolis. Turner played in 29 games from the Grizzlies last season, averaging 2.3 points and 1.3 rebounds in 9.2 minutes per game, while shooting 44% from the field. The 5’7 guard averaged 18.0 points and 3.5 assists per game as a senior a Seymour, where she was second all time in scoring. She was an Indiana Junior All-Star in 2008, averaging 20.0 points, 5.0 assists and 4.0 steals per game as a junior.
Turner to join Hounds this fall – U of Indy
- Marian has picked up two Division II transfers who will be returning to their hometown of Indianapolis. Former ’08 Cathedral guard Adrienne Sahm has transferred from Bellarmine University and ’08 Ritter 6’0 forward Erica Jiles has transferred from St. Joseph’s.
At Cathedral, Sahm scored 1,242 career points and averaged 21.2 points, 5.9 rebounds and 5.3 assists per game as a senior. She was named AP All-State Third Team and was a McDonald’s All-America nominee. She was a two-time All-City first team selection who earned a spot on the North/South All-Star team. She was also a member of the Hoosier Reunion Classic All-Star team.
Sahm completes transfer to Knights – Marian
Jiles held the Ritter record for single-season and career rebounds as well as the school record for the shot put. She was a letter winner in both basketball and track and also holds the conference record in the shot put. She was a two-time All-City selection and earned All-West honors on two occasions.
Jiles completes transfer to Knights – Marian