College Commitments Update
We have added some signings and commitments to our Class of 2010 and Class of 2011 lists:
- Portage senior Brianne Wischman has signed with Indiana University Northwest. The 5’4 guard averaged 11.8 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists her senior season.
- Kokomo senior Kali Ackison will play for St. Francis in Fort Wayne next season. The 5’7 lead guard averaged 5.6 points and 3.6 rebounds per game and was a key contributor for the 17-3 Kats her senior season.
- Winamac senior Jordan Brandt (right) has signed a National Letter of Intent with St. Xavier in Chicago. The 5’5 point guard led her team to the 2A Semi-State game, where the Warriors fell to Luers. As a four year starter, Brandt set the single season assist record as a junior. In the 2A Culver regional semifinal, she scored a career-high 29 points against Garrett.
- Rushville junior Shelbie Justice (right) has verballed to Ball State. The 5’10 guard/forward helped her Lions to the 3A state finals where they fell to eventual champion Concordia. As a junior, Justice averaged 14.9 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.8 assists while shooting 54% from the field. She was recently selected to play on the Junior All-Star South 6.
- Columbus North junior Courtney Larson committed to Miami (Ohio) earlier this year. The 5’9 guard helped her Bulldogs to a 14-7 record, falling to Bloomington South in sectional play, a team they had beaten during the regular season in January. Larson, a 3-point sharpshooter, hit five treys toward a 29-point game total in that January win over South. She will suit up for the Junior All Star south game in June.
- Heritage Christian junior Liz Stratman verballed to Xavier back in December. The 6’2 forward averaged 13.5 points, 6.6 rebounds, 3.1 blocks and 2.4 assists per game. She also will play for the Junior All Stars this summer on the South team.