Embattled IUPUI head coach Shann Hart fired
Hart was let go after an investigation into allegations by former players that the coach violated NCAA regulations and was abusive to her players. The investigation report will not be released to the public because it is deemed personnel information, but Hart’s firing was without cause.
Under those circumstances, Hart will receive her full salary through the end of her contract, which was set to expire in the spring of 2013.
According to the Star, Athletic Director Michael Moore “plans to hire a new women’s basketball coach shortly.”
- Paying coach Shann Hart $300000 beat being sued – Indianapolis Star
- Coach is out, and so is the public – Indianapolis Star
- IUPUI’s Shann Hart Fired – Indy Star’s Mark Alesia Makes a Difference – Indianapolis Star
- Fired IUPUI basketball coach will be paid balance of contract – Indianapolis Star
- IUPUI has fired women’s basketball coach Shann Hart – Indianapolis Star
- IUPUI Terminates Without Cause Contract of Women’s Basketball Coach? – IUPUI News Center