IHSAA state championship finals will return to Fort Wayne
From the IHSAA:
After hosting the state finals for the first time last March, a one-year agreement again has been reached to play the four state championship games at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Saturday, March 5, 2011.
“Fort Wayne and the people at Memorial Coliseum were tremendous hosts for the girls basketball state finals last winter,” said Commissioner Blake Ress. “The reception the teams and fans received made it a great experience and we look forward to going back again next March.”
In addition to Fort Wayne, a bid to host the event also was received from Terre Haute which had proposed the games be played at the Hulman Center. No Indianapolis venues are available on next year’s date.
- Fort Wayne keeps girls basketball finals – Indianapoli Star
- IHSAA picks Fort Wayne for 2nd girls state basketball finals – Journal Gazette
- Come on back up, girls – Journal Gazette
- Girls BB finals returning to Fort Wayne – WANE
- Girls Basketball State Finals To Return To Fort Wayne In 2011 – Indiana’s NewsCenter