Reimer, Mavunga make U16 National Team cut
Indiana rising juniors Taya Reimer (Hamilton Southeastern) and Stephanie Mavunga (Brownsburg) will both be representing the red, white & blue this summer as members of the 2011 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team.
The 2011 USA Women’s U16 National Team will represent the U.S. in the 2011 FIBA Americas U16 Championship June 13-18 in Mérida, Mexico. The top three finishing teams at the ’11 FIBA Americas U16 Championship will earn a berth into the 2012 FIBA U17 World Championship (site and date TBD). Players eligible for this team must be U.S. citizens, born on or after Jan. 1, 1995, and the team was selected by the USA Basketball Women’s Developmental National Team Committee.
Reimer and Mavunga survived four days of trials as part of a field of 115 competitors to make the final cut.
More from USA Basketball:
- 2011 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team Announced
- Take Five: Day Three Of 2011 USA Women’s U16 National Team Trials
- Olympic Gold Medalist Ruthie Bolton Shares Stories, Advice at Women’s U16 Trials
- Take Five: Day Two of 2011 USA Women’s U16 National Team Trials
- U16 Trials Participants Relish Rare Opportunity